Zuga Natural Sweetener (11745107 Canada Corp.) (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the (www.zuga.ca) website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service: Service is the Zuga Natural Sweetener (zuga.ca) website operated by Zuga Natural Sweetener (11745107 Canada Corp.).
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer, tab or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect information about you when you interact with the Sites Zuga Natural Sweetener (www.zuga.ca), including when you log in to the Sites, create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, request a service, request information, communicate with customer service, apply for a job, or upload content to the Sites through various means, including your social media account, which may feed information to the Sites. The information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information (including name, postal addresses, email address, and telephone number);
- Purchase and transaction information (billing and mailing addresses, and information about the products and services that you purchased);
- Login credentials;
- Demographic information (including age/birthdate, gender, and country in which you are located);
- Social media handles;
- Preferences regarding products and services;
- Information that you choose to submit in connection with your comments or inquiries;
- Photographs and other content that you provide;
- Contact information for others (including email address) when you use certain features, such as “Send This Offer to a Friend”;
- Business License, Employment history, education history, and other information contained in a resume uploaded through our Site or submitted through an online application form (obtained from Business or job applicants to the extent permitted by applicable law).
Information We May Collect Through Automated Means
We may automatically collect information about the devices that you use to interact with the Sites, as well as information about how you interact with the Sites. The information that we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Precise geolocation (with your knowledge and consent);
- Location (based on internet protocol (IP) address);
- IP address and other device identifiers;
- Browser type and version;
- Operating system type;
- Language your system uses and country and time zone where your device is located;
- Information you searched for on the Sites;
- When and for how long you visited the Sites;
- Pages you visited while on the Sites;
- Time spent on those pages; and
- The web page that referred you to our Sites.
The information that we collect may be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
Your Precise Geolocation. When you interact with the Sites, you may be asked for permission to allow us to collect your precise geolocation information. If you consent to such collection, we may use this information to provide you location-based or targeted advertisements and social media posts; to locate our nearby retail or distribution partners; or for analytics purposes. You may discontinue our collection and use of geolocation information by changing the settings on
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- For customer service and support.
- To detect and prevent fraud.
- To anonymize and aggregate your information for any other purposes, provided that no identifiable information can be readily identified.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
We will only retain your information for as long as reasonably necessary having regard to the purposes for which your information was collected and will delete or anonymize such information after the expiry of such period unless otherwise required under the applicable law and any anonymized and aggregated information will be retained by us.
Do we disclose your information?
We may share your information that we collect from you or that you provide to us with selected third parties to operate and provide the services outlined herein, and to enforce or apply any agreements between us and you, or to investigate potential breaches of such agreements.
We may also disclose Information: (i) to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas; (ii) to enforce or apply any agreements between us and you; or (iii) to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of other users of our services or others (e.g., for fraud protection, etc.).
In the event that a third party proposes to acquire all or some of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your information to that third party in connection with their proposed or actual acquisition. In the event that we become insolvent or we are in any similar situation, we may also disclose your information to third parties as part of a business or asset sale carried out where such disclosure is lawful and compliant with any and all applicable laws.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your information. Your information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Chrome or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
Google AdWords: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
When you opt-in for email communication about our company or products, we will use the email address you provided when you registered for our email newsletter. We may also send you emails with promotional information or offers from us, or our affiliates. At any time, you may change your contact preferences by using the “Preferences” link or opt-out by using the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of the most recent email sent to you from us.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
You may also choose to no longer receive communications from us by replying STOP to communications (if any) you receive from us. You may unsubscribe to any email from us using the instructions in the email you receive; this will not stop us from sending emails about your account or transactions with us or other information required for your use or subscription to our services.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record-keeping.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions About Our Privacy Notice
If you have any questions about our privacy notice, please contact us via our Contact Page.