What you’ll need: – Electric mixer
Ingredients for Cake Mix:
– 1/2 Tsp cider vinegar
– 4 large eggs
– 6 Tbsp butter (3/4 stick), melted
– Red food coloring
Note: You can also use ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener, add in red food coloring, and 2 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
Ingredients for Frosting Mix:
– 3 Tbsp ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener
– 1 Tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 Tbsp cream of tartar
– 1 1/2 cup butter (3 sticks), softened
– 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp salt
Baking Instructions:Cake Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line a cupcake tin.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, and butter in mixing bowl until smooth
- Let batter sit for 30 seconds, and then stir in cider vinegar
- Add food coloring until red velvet color is achieved (like the picture)
- Spread batter evenly in a prepared cupcake tin. Bake lightly browned: 15-20 minutes
- Let cool completely in pan before removing and frosting
- Combine frosting mix and 5 Tbsp water in a small saucepan to make a thick paste
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it becomes smooth, thick, and edges begin to bubble (190-200 F). Remove from heat
- Add lemon juice or cream of tartar and stir to combine. Cover and cool to room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla, ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener and salt with an electric mixer
- Add frosting mixture to butter and whip until light and smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally
- Once cupcakes cool, add frosting!
We hope you enjoy this delicious treat with your loved one.