· 1 pound cauliflower florets
· 4 ounces sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
· 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
· 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
· 2 tablespoons snipped chives
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two. (Alternately, steam your cauliflower the conventional way. You may need to squeeze a little water out of the cauliflower after cooking.)
2. Add the cauliflower to a food processor and process until fluffy. Add the butter and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashed potatoes. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later. Add half of the cheddar cheese and mix by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Top the loaded cauliflower with the remaining cheese, remaining chives and bacon. Put back into the microwave to melt the cheese or place the cauliflower under the broiler for a few minutes.