If you’re a fan of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is for you! Made with ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener, these cookies have 6% fewer calories* and 57% less sugar* than the traditional sugar-sweetened version. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
SERVING SIZE: 1 Cookie (30g)
CALORIES: 140 Calories
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- 2. Melt butter in the microwave and add to a large mixing bowl with the ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener.
- 3. Add vanilla, egg, and water. Mix for 1-2 minutes to start dissolving the ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener.
- 4. Whisk salt and baking soda into the flour in a separate bowl. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix to form a very soft dough that’s like a thick batter. This thin consistency will allow the cookies to spread in the oven and develop a soft and chewy texture.
- 5.Mix in chocolate chips.
- 6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons on the cookie sheet and press down lightly. Bake for 6-7 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- 7. Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes until cookies set, then transfer to a cooling rack.