Remember the days of starting off your morning with microwavable French toast sticks? Just when you thought these days were over, @ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener makes this nostalgic and delicious recipe that we can’t stop eating! Bring back one of your childhood favorites without all of the junk.
What you’ll need:
– 3 large eggs
– 3/4 cup almond Flour
– 3 Tbsp ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener Sugar Alternative hydrated with 1 1/2 tsp water (see package directions)
– 2 Tbsp of almond or coconut milk
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 10 drops French toast flavoring flavors *sub 1 tsp of vanilla if you don’t have flavoring
– Brush “toast” with butter or oil of choice and dip in cinnamon sugar mixture (1 tbs cinnamon + 2 Tbsp ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener sugar substitute)
- Whisk together all base ingredients in a microwave-safe rectangular dish
- Microwave mixture in a container for 2 minutes – let cool before removing.
- Finish the French toast (as one solid piece) by pan-frying.
- Cut into sticks
- Mix together cinnamon and ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener mixture. Brush Sticks with butter or oil and dips into the coating.
- Drizzle with favorite sugar-free syrup.