These moist Avocado Chocolate Chip Muffins with Pistachio Crunch are a delicious, healthier addition to any morning! Replacing the butter with avocado reduces calories, fat, and cholesterol in each bite, and the pistachios give them a lovely crunch that will make you look forward to breakfast again!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
• 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup almond flour
• 1/4 cup ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed (about 3/4 cup)
• 1 egg • 3/4 cup almond milk
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup grated zucchini
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk together spelt flour, cocoa powder, almond flour, ZUGA™ Natural Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together avocado, egg, almond milk, oil and vanilla until blended; stir into spelt flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chunks.
3. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffin tops spring back when pressed lightly. Let cool in pan on rack.
4. Tip: Fold chopped almonds or pecans into the batter if desired.